Trick or Treat from New Leaf
The team at New Leaf Builders wishes everyone a happy, safe, and spooky Halloween!
Not sure where you’re going to haunt yet? Check out City Paper’s extensive roundup of all things Halloween happening in Charleston!
Monday Oct. 28
- The Charleston County Public Library is hosting Horror on Wax: Halloween Vinyl Listening Party for a spine-tingling series of stories and poetry accompanied by music from acclaimed horror film score composers from 5 to 6 p.m.
- As part of “Halloween at the Hall,” the Music Hall presents a screening of classic witchy flick, Hocus Pocus.
Tuesday Oct. 29
- Poe’s Tavern hosts a pumpkin carving contest, 5-9 p.m. There will be some kits on hand but feel free to bring your own. First place carvers take home a $100 gift card, second place snags $75, and there will be a separate kids’ category.
- Did somebody say Dracula? The Music Hall hosts a special show: ballet with a bite! at 7 p.m.
Wednesday Oct. 30
- The Royal American is hosting Rolling Bike Night Halloween Edition. The largest bike night in The Lowcountry will include a costume contest, live music, raffle prizes, and more starting at 6 p.m.
- Queen Street Playhouse presents an interactive viewing of the cult classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, with callbacks, props, a costume contest, and live music from local vocalists. Check out two shows at 7 and 10 p.m.
Thursday Oct. 31 – Halloween!
- Get your spooky painting vibes going with For the Love of Art for their Halloween Paint and Sip – Cat & Moon class. Spooky music and special treats will be provided and the best costume gets a coupon for a free class!
- The Charleston Music Hall has an original show that will combine movement art, dance, live music, and classic horror films to create a unique and terrifying experience like never before. Hollywood Horror: A Halloween Music, Dance, and Film Phenom tickets start at $30/person and the show starts at 9 p.m.
- Stretch it out with Community Yoga at their Halloween Glow + Flow from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for a 60-minute vinyasa class with fun music and glow accessories under the black lights.
- The Charleston Museum is hosting a special addition to their October pop-up exhibit with Morbid Mourning: A Special Halloween Talk with Grahame Long, from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Grahame will discuss selected objects from the exhibit and the way mourning jewelry has evolved over time.
- Join the Charleston County Public Library for a special Halloween edition of Adult Storytime with a unique retelling of stories by Edgar Allan Poe from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Upscale Firesale presents Monster Mash-Up, a comedy show with improv, sketch, and stand-up performances at 9 p.m.
- The City of Charleston Recreational Department will be hosting its annual Trick or Treat in the Park, where local organizations will be handing out candy and showing off their Halloween decorated cars. The event is for the kids, including hayrides, jump castles, music, games, arts and crafts, and more.
- Drop the kids off at For the Love of Art’s Halloween painting party. Tickets are $25/child and the class is for ages six-16 from 4-6 p.m.
- Decorate a Halloween-inspired cupcake at the Charleston County Public Library for the TeenSpot Annual Halloween Cupcake War, for teens ages 12 to 18 starting at 3:30 p.m.
- Head to the Main Library from 2:30-5:30 p.m. for the CCPL’s 15th annual trick-or-treating in the library.
Monday Oct. 28
- The Terrace Theater is hosting a special Halloween screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show at 11:30 p.m. on both Fri. Nov. 1 and Sat. Nov. 2. Costumes are encouraged.